For years I spent a ton of time getting ready. I am not talking about putting on makeup and getting dressed… I am talking about getting ready to start the next big thing in my life. No matter if it was a personal goal or a business goal, you could often find me getting ready to get ready. And, what happens when you are getting ready? YOU ARE NOT TAKING ACTION!!!!
Can you relate?
Are you desiring something new in your life? Maybe trying a new workout class, developing a new offering in your business to connect with more clients, or reaching out more often to build deeper, more intentional relationships in your life?
If you said, YES to this like I have done so many times, TRY THIS ON SUNDAY…
1. Set aside 10 mins and create a high-vibe environment for yourself. Get your favorite beverage, light a candle, sit in nature, and get out your journal and planner.
2. Write this question in your journal: If I were to live this week without any fear or doubt, what would the highest version of myself do?
3. Free write without editing yourself for 5 minutes. Don’t correct your spelling or grammar or overthink it, just let your pen flow. Be as specific as possible, allow yourself to dream and vision your life with you showing up BIG and BOLD. Specifics matter- your ego (fear-based self) is vague, but your highest self (inner knowing) is specific!!
4. Next, pull out your planner, or schedule on your phone and review what you have set up for the week. Remove 3-4 tasks or appointments you have set up by asking for help, delegating them, or canceling/rescheduling. Now, put in the new tasks/activities that your highest self would do in their place.
5. The following Sunday, repeat this process over again and add 5 more minutes to reflect on how things were different for you this week now that you have taken action. Decide what you will continue to do, what you will continue to let go of, and what you want to try and get curious about for the upcoming week!
I am so enthusiastically energized for you to try this process that I teach the leaders, entrepreneurs, and coaches that I mentor… because, GUESS WHAT? IT WORKS!!!
Let me know how it goes by tagging me on your IG stories or leaving a comment below!
Written by Carmen Ohling
More From This Category
We tell ourselves that there are many things that you HAVE to do each day. You have to work hard and give it your all, even when you don’t feel like it. What we don’t talk about are the things that are the most precious, that we push to the side and consider them...