Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Today, I am sharing with you some “green” breakfast recipes. An easy way to increase the nutritional value of your daily diet and improve your health is to add vegetables, specifically green vegetables, to each meal. Vegetables are full of vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and fiber. Unless you’re having eggs in the morning, breakfast can be the most challenging to get in your veggies. Here are a few breakfast ideas to get you going!!
ZUCCHINI OATMEAL (Servings: 1)
1/3 cup OATMEAL
1 cup ZUCCHINI, SHREDDED
1 cup UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
1 tsp CINNAMON
1 Tbsp STEVIA
1/4 tsp NUTMEG
dash SEA SALT
1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
1 Tbsp RAISINS
1 Tbsp PECANS, CHOPPED
1. IN A POT ON THE STOVE, BOIL THE MILK THEN ADD THE ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS EXCEPT FOR THE RAISINS AND PECANS.
2. REDUCE TO A SIMMER AND COOK UNTIL MOST OF THE LIQUID HAS ABSORBED.
3. WHEN DONE, POUR INTO A BOWL AND TOP WITH RAISINS AND PECANS.
4. NOTE: YOU CAN MAKE THIS UP TO 4 DAYS IN ADVANCE AND STORE IN THE FRIDGE, THEN HEAT UP WHEN READY TO EAT AND ADD TOPPINGS.
Nutrition: 7g protein, 34g carbs, 9g fat, 7g fiber
LEAN GREEN SHAKE (Servings: 1)
1 KIWI FRUIT, PEELED
1/2 BANANA , FROZEN
1 oz AVOCADO
1 cup KALE
1 scoop PROTEIN POWDER, VANILLA
1 cup UNSWEETENED ALMOND OR CASHEW MILK MILK
1 Tbsp STEVIA (OPTIONAL)
dash CINNAMON (OPTIONAL)
1. DUMP EVERYTHING INTO THE BLENDER AND BLEND WELL. ADD ICE IF NEEDED FOR DESIRED CONSISTENCY.
Nutrition: 30g, 38g carbs, 8g fat, 9g fiber
SPINACH-SWEET POTATO PROTEIN PANCAKES (Servings: 1)
4 oz SWEET POTATO, COOKED
1 cup SPINACH
2 EGG WHITES
1 scoop PROTEIN POWDER
1/2 tsp CINNAMON
1/2 tsp PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
1 tsp BAKING SODA
dash SEA SALT
1. PUT ALL INGREDIENTS INTO A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR AND BLEND INTO MIX WELL.
2. HEAT A PAN/GRIDDLE ON MED-LOW AND SPRAY WITH COOKING SPRAY.
3. POUR BATTER ON GRIDDLE AND COOK SLOWLY FOR ABOUT 4 MINUTES, THEN FLIP.
4. COOK FOR ABOUT 3 MINUTES ON THE SECOND SIDE. COOK SLOWLY ON EACH SIDE.
Nutrition: 35g protein, 27g carbs, 0.5g fat, 5g fiber
Want more recipe ideas like this? Join my 28-Clean Eating Program!
Eat Real Food. Be Healthy. Feel Amazing!