HEALTHY CROCKPOT CINCO DE MAYO RECIPE
ARE YOU READY FOR CINCO DE MAYO?
I love tacos just as much as the next person, so why not make a super flavorful, simple, and healthy option? I’ve been making and sharing this recipe for years now and everyone loves it! The key it the fresh squeezed citrus fruit. This recipe is so versatile too- make tacos, a salad, stir fry, take it for a potluck, or even a scramble in the morning. Plus, who can beat crockpot cooking- start it in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home!
Eat Real Food. Be Healthy. Feel Amazing.
28 oz CHICKEN BREASTS, BONELESS SKINLESS
4 GARLIC CLOVES, CHOPPED
1 Tbsp CHILI POWDER
1 Tbsp CUMIN
1/2 tsp SEA SALT
1/2 tsp BLACK PEPPER
1/2 tsp RED PEPPER, OPTIONAL
3/4 cup JUICE OF TWO ORANGES
1/4 cup JUICE OF ONE LIME
1. MIX THE FIRST FIVE INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL (SEASONING).
2. RUB THE SEASONING MIXTURE ONTO THE CHICKEN BREASTS.
3. PLACE THE CHICKEN BREASTS INTO THE CROCK POT.
4. SQUEEZE THE JUICE OF TWO LARGE ORANGES AND ONE LIME INTO THE CROCK POT OVER CHICKEN.
5. COOK ON LOW FOR 6-7 HOURS.
6. WHEN CHICKEN IS DONE, PREHEAT BROILED TO HIGH. SHRED CHICKEN BREASTS.
7. GET A BAKING SHEET AND LINE IT WITH FOIL. PUT THE SHREDDED CHICKEN DOWN AND SPOON SOME OF THE LIQUID FROM THE CROCK POT ONTO THE CHICKEN (APPROX 1/2 TO 1 CUP)
8. BROIL ON HIGH FOR 5 MINUTES. DONE! A SERVING IS 1/7 OF THE RECIPE, WHICH IS ABOUT 4OZ.
Nutrition: 27.5g protein, 2g carbs, 1.5g fat