MEAL PREP MONDAY
Thank you for joining me for Monday’s Meal Prep on Facebook and IG!
Below are the recipes that I used this week for our meal prep. Be sure to check out the nutritional information for each recipe and adjust accordingly. Some of the recipes I make for myself and others for my hubby- he eats differently than I do most of the time. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and I can’t wait to see you in a few weeks for the next Monday’s Meal Prep!
Here is the link to the video for this Monday (look for video posted 10.17.2017):
Are you stressed by thinking about what to make or confused on what to make each week?
Join the 28-Day Clean Eating Program (and our healthy tribe of amazing peeps) If you want an amazing menu, shopping list and nutritional information to follow each week- It’s only $38 for the entire month! You can check it out here: https://carmenohling.com/shop/
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES:
CROCKPOT VANILLA-MAPLE OATS (Servings: 7)
1 1/2 cup STEEL CUT OATS
6 cups UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
1/2 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP
2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
2 tsp CINNAMON
1/4 tsp SEA SALT
1. DUMP ALL INGREDIENTS INTO THE CROCKPOT AND MIX WELL. COOK ON HIGH FOR 4 HOURS OR ON LOW FOR 8 HOURS.
2. WHEN COOKED, STIR WELL AND DIVIDE INTO 7 EQUAL SERVINGS. STORE IN THE FRIDGE.
Nutrition per serving: 7g protein, 41g carbs, 4.5g fat, 5g fiber
TURKEY LASAGNA ROLL-UPS (Servings: 7)
1 lb 99% LEAN GROUND TURKEY
14 WHOLE WHEAT LASAGNA NOODLES
2 cups LOW FAT COTTAGE CHEESE
2 cups FROZEN SPINACH
2 cups LOW FAT MOZZARELLA CHEESE
1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1/2 tsp SEA SALT
1 tsp ITALIAN SEASONING
1 SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES. SPRAY A 9X13 BAKING DISH WITH COOKING SPRAY.
2. BOIL WATER TO COOK NOODLES AND START BROWNING THE GROUND TURKEY IN A SKILLET.
3. BLEND UP THE COTTAGE CHEESE IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL SMOOTH.
4. ONCE THE TURKEY IS COOKED, PUT IT IN A LARGE BOWL AND ALLOW TO COOL SLIGHTLY.
5. ADD THE COTTAGE CHEESE, SPINACH (THAWED, AND WATER SQUEEZED OUT), 1/2 CUP CHEESE, AND SPICES.
6. WHEN THE NOODLES ARE COOKED, DRAIN AND LAY FLAT ON A KITCHEN TOWEL.
7. SPREAD 1 CUP OF THE SPAGHETTI SAUCE DOWN IN THE 9X13 BAKING DISH.
8. TAKE A LASAGNA NOODLE AND SPREAD 1/14 OF THE MEAT MIXTURE ON THE NOODLE, THEN ROLL UP AND PLACE IN THE BAKING DISH SEAM SIDE DOWN. CONTINUE WITH THE REMAINING NOODLES UNTIL 14 ARE ROLLED UP.
9. TOP THE ROLL UPS WITH THE REMAINING SAUCE AND CHEESE, THEN COVER WITH FOIL.
10. BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES, UNCOVER AND BAKE FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10 MINUTES TO MELT CHEESE.
11. A SERVING IS 2 ROLL UPS!
Nutrition per serving: 46g protein, 51g carbs, 11g fat, 9g fiber
Note: You could get fat free cheese and cut the fat in half if desired.
PB CHOCOLATE RICE TREATS (Servings: 12)
3 1/2 cup PUFFED RICE CEREAL (No added sugar!)
1 1/2 cup STEVIA SWEETENED CHOCOLATE (I used Lilly’s)
1 cup PEANUT BUTTER
1/2 cup COCONUT NECTAR
1. IN A LARGE BOWL (USING MICROWAVE) OR A LARGE POT ON THE STOVE, MELT THE CHOCOLATE, PB, COCONUT NECTAR AND OIL.
2. MIX TO COMBINE, THEN ADD THE RICE CEREAL. MIX.
3. POUR INTO A PAN LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER AND POP INTO THE FREEZER FOR 1 HOUR.
4. REMOVE FROM FREEZER AND CUT INTO 12 BARS. STORE IN THE FRIDGE.
Nutrition per serving: 6g protein, 25g carbs, 14g fat, 4g fiber
Brands I products I use often and recommended in the video:
Bob’s Redmill: https://www.bobsredmill.com/
Icon Meals: https://athlete.iconmeals.com/1429.html
Note: Use code “eatmovelive” at Icon Meals to save 10%!
West Coast Strength Apparel: https://www.facebook.com/wcstrength/
EAT REAL FOOD. BE HEALTHY. FEEL AMAZING!