12 Healthy Recipes for the 2021 Super Bowl
Save yourself from feeling like crap and having low energy (not to mention the next day guilt and inflammation) by choosing a few of these healthy Super Bowl recipes instead! The Super Bowl experience does not have to include drowning ourselves is dip, cheese, and greasy processed foods. You can have flavor, fun and totally enjoy Super Bowl foods without the heavy, shitty foods.
I’ve put together my favorite appetizers, dips, proteins and beverages for you to try. CLICK HERE to download a printable version of each of these recipes! Here is a breakdown of the recipes:
Appetizers: Protein Packed Deviled Eggs, Fruit Kabobs, Maple Almond Popcorn
Dips: Layered Nacho Dip, Chili Lime Chips, Green Goddess Dip, Golden Beet Hummus
Proteins: Crispy Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, Honey Chili Meatballs
Beverages: Ginger Lime Juice (boost that digestion!), Blueberry Agua Fresca, Raspberry Mojito (mocktail or cocktail)
I’d love to see your healthy creation so be sure to tag me on IG @carmenohling!!
Easy, Quick, Shareable Super Bowl Recipes
Raw, Vegan, Double Chocolate Bites (Servings: 16)
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup unsweetened dark chocolate powder
2 TB coconut nectar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips (I use Libby’s Brand)
- Put the pecans into the food processor or high speed blender and blend .
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and press the dough into the pan evenly.
- Pop into the freezer for 1 hour and cut into 16 equal-sized bites.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Macros: 2.5g protein, 26g carbs, 9g fat
Nitrate-free bacon Wrapped Jalapenos (Servings: 8)
8 TB fat free cream cheese
8 slices nitrate-free bacon (I recommend Applegate Turkey Bacon or alfresco Chicken Bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the jalapenos in half and scrap out the seeds and membranes.
- Fill ½ the jalapeno with 1 TB fat free cream cheese, the top with the other half.
- Wrap in 1 slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 mins, then broil on high for 2-5 minutes until crispy.
Macros: 9g protein, 5g carbs, 1g fat
Enjoy the game and each other!!!