Love matcha, ya me too… What I don’t love is all the sugar that traditional coffee shops put in their matcha! So today I am sharing with you an easy way to enjoy matcha, plus it has almost 20 grams of protein in each smoothie. This could be a great way to start your day, to drink after a workout, or simply a healthy treat at the end of your day.
Eat Real Food. Be Healthy. Feel Amazing.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out my blog!
We took last month off (July) and it was fantastic! I am now back and ready to share recipes, mindset tips and workouts. During the first part of the year I am super grateful to say that I was able to help over 420 individuals become their best self through nutrition, mindset and fitness! Enough chit chat, but can you tell I’m excited?!?!
This weekend I had an abundance of zucchini in my garden, and Coach K from Anytime Fitness in Albany shared some fresh figs. So, why not make some new recipes. Zucchini muffins and fig bars- Enjoy!
Raw Fig Bars
Makes 12 bars
Macros for 1 bar: 9g protein, 28g carbs, 17g fat, 7g fiber
4 FIGS, FRESH
6 DATES, PITTED
1 Tbsp FLAXSEED, GROUND
2 tsp COCONUT NECTAR (OR PURE MAPLE SYRUP)
dash SEA SALT AND CINNAMON
1 cup CASHEWS
2 cups ALMONDS (YOU CAN USE THE NUT/SEED OF YOUR CHOICE)
1/2 cup FLAXSEED, GROUND
1 cup DATES, PITTED
1 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
dash SEA SALT AND CINNAMON
2-3 Tbsp WATER (IF NEEDED)
1. IN A HIGH SPEED BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR, PLACE THE FIGS, DATES, FLAX, SEA SALT AND CINNAMON AND BLEND UNTIL WELL COMBINED. POUR INTO A BOWL AND SET ASIDE, THIS WILL BE THE FILLING.
2. IN THE HIGH SPEED BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR, ADD THE REMAINING INGREDIENTS (EXCEPT FOR THE WATER) ADD THAT 1TB AT A TIME AT THE END IF NEEDED.)
3. PULSE, SCRAP, BLEND AND REPEAT UNTIL WELL COMBINED. ADD WATER AS NEEDED.
4. IN A 8X8 OR 9X9 PAN, LINE IT WITH PARCHMENT THAT HANGS OVER THE SIDE. SPREAD 2/3 OF THE CRUST MIXTURE INTO THE BOTTOM AND FLATTEN OUT EQUALLY.
5. POUR IN THE FILLING AND SPREAD EVENLY.
6. CRUMBLE THE REMAINING TOPPING OVER THE FILLING, THEN COVER AND POP INTO THE FREEZER OVERNIGHT (OR 8 HOURS). REMOVE AND CUT INTO 12 BARS. STORE IN THE FREEZER UNTIL READY TO SERVE.
Makes 16 muffins
Macros for 2 muffins: 21g protein, 17g carbs, 2g fat, 3g fiber
1 tsp CINNAMON
1/4 tsp SEA SALT
2 Tbsp STEVIA
2 tsp BAKING POWDER
2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
2 scoops PROTEIN POWDER, VANILLA (RECOMMEND CASEIN/WHEY BLEND)
1 cup ZUCCHINI
1 cup OATMEAL
6 EGG WHITES
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES.
2. SPRAY 2 MUFFIN TINS WITH COOKING SPRAY. YOU WILL FILL 8 OF THE MUFFINS.
3. MIX ALL INGREDIENTS IN A BOWL AND POUR INTO PAN.
4. BAKE 23-28, MINUTES UNTIL FULLY COOKED AND GOLDEN BROWN. A SERVING IS 2 MUFFINS.
Eat Real Food. Be Healthy. Feel Amazing!
This week’s protein powder treat recipe is fudge!!! This only take a few ingredients and a couple of minutes to make. You can even store this in the freezer for up to 2 months!! Stop by Daily Energy in Albany, OR if you’re out and about on Thursday, 11/3/2016 to try a sample of this fudge….
Note: This fudge was made with PEScience Chocolate Cupcake Protein Powder. You can buy it at Daily Energy on Ferry St in Downtown Albany (if you live near me locally) or online at pescience.com or bodybuilding.com.
COCOA-PUMPKIN PROTEIN FUDGE
4 scoops WHEY/CASEIN BLEND PROTEIN POWDER, (PESCIENCE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKE)
1/2 cup PUMPKIN PUREE
2 Tbsp COCONUT OIL, MELTED
1 Tbsp UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER (OR CACAO POWDER)
4 Tbsp COCONUT FLOUR
WATER, IF NEEDED FOR CONSISTENCY
1. MELT COCONUT OIL IN A BOWL. ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND MIX REALLY WELL- MASHING IT DOWN AND MIXING IT OVER AND OVER UNTIL IT REACHES A SMOOTH, THICK CONSISTENCY.
2. PRESS INTO AN 8X8 BAKING DISH LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER. FREEZE FOR 2 HOURS. REMOVE FROM FREEZER AND ALLOW TO SIT FOR 10 MINUTES, THEN CUT INTO 12 EQUAL SQUARES. STORE IN THE FRIDGE OR FREEZER.
Macros per square:9 grams protein, 3 grams carbs, 2.5 grams fat (75 calories)
This week’s protein powder recipe is a BBQ Chicken Pizza! The crust is made with protein powder, egg whites and seasoning- you’re going to love it!! I have been using PEScience Whey/Casein blend, but I was out this week so I opted for Magnum Quattro (unflavored). This is also an amazing protein! Make sure to check back weekly for more protein powder recipes. Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think!
- 1 scoop Whey/Casein Protein Powder (I used Magnum Quattro, unflavored but vanilla works too)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Dash of Sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and Spray a pizza pan or baking sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, dump in all the ingredients and mix well. Spread dough into a thin layer on pan (you can make 1 large pizza or 2 small pizzas. Bake for 7 minutes at 375 degrees, until cooked.
- 1/4 cup sugar free BBQ sauce (I used Walden Farms Thick & Spicy BBQ)
- 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup low fat mozzarella
Add toppings to dough. Then bake for additional 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
*Approx Macros: 371 calories, 71g protein, 6g carbs, 7g fat
Want more recipes like this? Join the 28-Day Clean Eating Program Today!!
Live Near Me? Buy your Protein & Supplements @ Daily Energy: https://www.facebook.com/dailyenergytogo/
EAT REAL FOOD. BE HEALTHY. FEEL AMAZING.