I do not find it fair to ask if you have struggled to stabilize your hunger because the truth is we all have at some point in our lives. The real question is, what are you doing to create those hunger cravings and what have you done to satisfy those cravings?
Below are some feelings that have probably crossed your mind:
- I am hungry but have no idea what the ”right” thing is to eat!⠀
- If I eat another boring, flavorless meal I’m going to explode!⠀
- I do great during the day with eating healthy foods, but when night time comes, I eat whatever I can get my hands on- healthy or not.
- I wish there was an easier way to eat healthily, lose weight and break free from food that makes me feel like shit.
Stop right here and let me tell you, I FEEL YOU! ⠀
And you know what? So do a ton of other women just like you!⠀
Look at the list below. What resonates most with you? What steps can you take to break these patterns? Keep reading below for my tips…
- STRESS – You will make the worst food decisions when you are stressed because you will reach for “comfort food.”
- BOREDOM – Simply reaching for food to pass the time even when you are not hungry.
- LACK OF SLEEP – Find the sweet spot when it comes to the amount of sleep your body needs to perform. Personally, this is where I have struggled in the past.⠀
- CUTTING FOOD GROUPS (without medical necessity) – Cutting food groups will lead to binge eating. Try not to do this! For example, if you are a sweets person, why would you take sweets from yourself? If you like chocolate, have a square now and then, shoot have one daily. Why? Because this will help keep you from having a whole bag of chocolate at the end of the week. It is important to eat the things you enjoy in moderation, this will lead to a healthier relationship with food. ⠀
Use my “make your plate” guide to be sure you have the following at each of your meals:
- Greens/Fiber (aka veggies- 2-4 cups)
- Quality protein (3-6oz)
- Healthy fats (1-2 tbsp) at each meal
This magic combo will help fill your stomach, keep you full longer, and minimize your cravings. If you focus on nourishing your body at each meal and stop the “eat less” mentality, you will find that it will be easier to finally be able to be free from food! If there are any other food challenges you are struggling with or have a question about certain food groups etc., reach out! Send me an email at email@example.com or find me on Instagram @carmenohling. Lastly, don’t be hard on yourself. This is a learning process for all of us (even me) and I am here to help you!