12 Healthy Recipes for the 2021 Super Bowl
Save yourself from feeling like crap and having low energy (not to mention the next day guilt and inflammation) by choosing a few of these healthy Super Bowl recipes instead! The Super Bowl experience does not have to include drowning ourselves is dip, cheese, and greasy processed foods. You can have flavor, fun and totally enjoy Super Bowl foods without the heavy, shitty foods.
I’ve put together my favorite appetizers, dips, proteins and beverages for you to try. CLICK HERE to download a printable version of each of these recipes! Here is a breakdown of the recipes:
Appetizers: Protein Packed Deviled Eggs, Fruit Kabobs, Maple Almond Popcorn
Dips: Layered Nacho Dip, Chili Lime Chips, Green Goddess Dip, Golden Beet Hummus
Proteins: Crispy Pork Tenderloin, Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, Honey Chili Meatballs
Beverages: Ginger Lime Juice (boost that digestion!), Blueberry Agua Fresca, Raspberry Mojito (mocktail or cocktail)
I’d love to see your healthy creation so be sure to tag me on IG @carmenohling!!
WHY COFFEE SHOP MUFFINS ARE MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE SHIT
The average blueberry muffin is a far cry from what you’d call a health food! It’s got almost 470 calories (to be clear, that’s nearly double what you’d get from a chocolate frosted donut) and most of those calories come from processed carbohydrates- primarily white flour and refined sugar. These two staple ingredients in the average American’s diet, along with processed vegetable oil, are one of the main reasons that many women today are gaining weight, having low energy daily, and finding that their hormones are way out of balance.
So, what can you do? The answer is simple, cook more of your meals and snacks at home! So why not make some muffins at home and take them with you. I know what you’re saying right now- that you don’t have the time…. but if you don’t make the time for YOU and YOUR health NOW you will continue to have low energy, gain fat and feel like shit daily. THE TIME IS NOW!
Here’s a fun, simple and delicious recipe for you to try. It is also gluten free dairy free, soy free and paleo. You can even make these in advance and store them in the freezer for up to two months or in the fridge for 5 days!
Healthy Lemon Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 12 muffins)
• 2 cups Almond Flour
• 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
• 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
• 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
• 3 Egg
• 1 Banana (1/2 cup, mashed)
• 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
• 1 cup Blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (177ºC). Line a muffin tin with liners.
2. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt and lemon zest.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, eggs, banana and maple syrup. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners and bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
NUTRITION (1 muffin):
WANT MORE RECIPES: Check out my $7 meal plans HERE!
Love matcha, ya me too… What I don’t love is all the sugar that traditional coffee shops put in their matcha! So today I am sharing with you an easy way to enjoy matcha, plus it has almost 20 grams of protein in each smoothie. This could be a great way to start your day, to drink after a workout, or simply a healthy treat at the end of your day.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out my blog!
MEAL PREP MONDAY
Thank you for joining me for Monday’s Meal Prep on Facebook and IG!
Below are the recipes that I used this week for our meal prep. Be sure to check out the nutritional information for each recipe and adjust accordingly. Some of the recipes I make for myself and others for my hubby- he eats differently than I do most of the time. Please reach out to me if you have any questions and I can’t wait to see you in a few weeks for the next Monday’s Meal Prep!
Here is the link to the video for this Monday (look for video posted 10.17.2017):
Are you stressed by thinking about what to make or confused on what to make each week?
Join the 28-Day Clean Eating Program (and our healthy tribe of amazing peeps) If you want an amazing menu, shopping list and nutritional information to follow each week- It’s only $38 for the entire month! You can check it out here: https://carmenohling.com/shop/
THIS WEEK’S RECIPES:
CROCKPOT VANILLA-MAPLE OATS (Servings: 7)
1 1/2 cup STEEL CUT OATS
6 cups UNSWEETENED ALMOND MILK
1/2 cup PURE MAPLE SYRUP
2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
2 tsp CINNAMON
1/4 tsp SEA SALT
1. DUMP ALL INGREDIENTS INTO THE CROCKPOT AND MIX WELL. COOK ON HIGH FOR 4 HOURS OR ON LOW FOR 8 HOURS.
2. WHEN COOKED, STIR WELL AND DIVIDE INTO 7 EQUAL SERVINGS. STORE IN THE FRIDGE.
Nutrition per serving: 7g protein, 41g carbs, 4.5g fat, 5g fiber
TURKEY LASAGNA ROLL-UPS (Servings: 7)
1 lb 99% LEAN GROUND TURKEY
14 WHOLE WHEAT LASAGNA NOODLES
2 cups LOW FAT COTTAGE CHEESE
2 cups FROZEN SPINACH
2 cups LOW FAT MOZZARELLA CHEESE
1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1/2 tsp SEA SALT
1 tsp ITALIAN SEASONING
1 SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1. PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES. SPRAY A 9X13 BAKING DISH WITH COOKING SPRAY.
2. BOIL WATER TO COOK NOODLES AND START BROWNING THE GROUND TURKEY IN A SKILLET.
3. BLEND UP THE COTTAGE CHEESE IN A BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR UNTIL SMOOTH.
4. ONCE THE TURKEY IS COOKED, PUT IT IN A LARGE BOWL AND ALLOW TO COOL SLIGHTLY.
5. ADD THE COTTAGE CHEESE, SPINACH (THAWED, AND WATER SQUEEZED OUT), 1/2 CUP CHEESE, AND SPICES.
6. WHEN THE NOODLES ARE COOKED, DRAIN AND LAY FLAT ON A KITCHEN TOWEL.
7. SPREAD 1 CUP OF THE SPAGHETTI SAUCE DOWN IN THE 9X13 BAKING DISH.
8. TAKE A LASAGNA NOODLE AND SPREAD 1/14 OF THE MEAT MIXTURE ON THE NOODLE, THEN ROLL UP AND PLACE IN THE BAKING DISH SEAM SIDE DOWN. CONTINUE WITH THE REMAINING NOODLES UNTIL 14 ARE ROLLED UP.
9. TOP THE ROLL UPS WITH THE REMAINING SAUCE AND CHEESE, THEN COVER WITH FOIL.
10. BAKE FOR 30 MINUTES, UNCOVER AND BAKE FOR AN ADDITIONAL 10 MINUTES TO MELT CHEESE.
11. A SERVING IS 2 ROLL UPS!
Nutrition per serving: 46g protein, 51g carbs, 11g fat, 9g fiber
Note: You could get fat free cheese and cut the fat in half if desired.
PB CHOCOLATE RICE TREATS (Servings: 12)
3 1/2 cup PUFFED RICE CEREAL (No added sugar!)
1 1/2 cup STEVIA SWEETENED CHOCOLATE (I used Lilly’s)
1 cup PEANUT BUTTER
1/2 cup COCONUT NECTAR
1. IN A LARGE BOWL (USING MICROWAVE) OR A LARGE POT ON THE STOVE, MELT THE CHOCOLATE, PB, COCONUT NECTAR AND OIL.
2. MIX TO COMBINE, THEN ADD THE RICE CEREAL. MIX.
3. POUR INTO A PAN LINED WITH PARCHMENT PAPER AND POP INTO THE FREEZER FOR 1 HOUR.
4. REMOVE FROM FREEZER AND CUT INTO 12 BARS. STORE IN THE FRIDGE.
Nutrition per serving: 6g protein, 25g carbs, 14g fat, 4g fiber
Brands I products I use often and recommended in the video:
Bob’s Redmill: https://www.bobsredmill.com/
Icon Meals: https://athlete.iconmeals.com/1429.html
Note: Use code “eatmovelive” at Icon Meals to save 10%!
West Coast Strength Apparel: https://www.facebook.com/wcstrength/
EAT REAL FOOD. BE HEALTHY. FEEL AMAZING!